Our Science teacher, Ms. Duhita Parmar attended the Microsoft in Education Training Partner Summit in Gurgaon, India on November 9-11, 2016. This three-day summit was offered to the partners who are well-versed in training educators and school leaders in primary and secondary schools.
Upon the successful completion of the summit, she gained a certification as an authorized Microsoft in Education Training Partner. The summit was filled with a wealth of resources with over 150 hours of face-to-face training materials. This opportunity came by with the sheer dedication and the will to research technological resources to support her teaching methods within and outside the classroom.
Here’s a glimpse into Ms. Parmar’s voyage from researching online tools to a becoming a certified Microsoft Trainer:
- Introduced to the Microsoft Summer Pathshala by De Pedagogics led by Meenakshi Uberoi & Jyoti Chaba, India Partners of Microsoft.
- Attended multiple webinars and submitted related online assignments regularly since April 2016. Completed various courses on MS Educators Community.
- Applied for MIEE 2016-17; indulged herself in research on usage of MS Office 365 Teaching Tools within the school system. Sent the report with videos, pictures etc. made through MS Sway.
- Project selected by Microsoft and the invitation for the Microsoft in Education Training Partner Summit was received.
- Chose the Microsoft Teacher Academies (these are focused on classroom tools such as OneNote, Office 365, Sway, Microsoft Forms, Office Mix, etc.)
- Attended the summit and met Educators from other Microsoft Showcase Schools across the country such as, Scindia School, Gwalior; Genesis Global, Noida; Amity International School, DPS Ghaziabad etc.
- Certified as an authorized Microsoft in Education Training Partner.