Achievements and Awards
The school where becoming a true Achiever is easy!”
The way to excellence at DLPS lies in outperforming oneself, not in competing with others. So, every child is encouraged to better his own self and become what he or she wants to become. The school promotes sharing and expanding knowledge through team work, peer learning and peer evaluation — thus allowing the natural talents of Delfites to flourish and become the winners that they are destined to be!
EW Ranking(Leadership and Management Quality)
Ranked Number One for Leadership Management Quality and among top two Best Co-Ed Schools in the NCR (Ghaziabad region) in EW School Rankings 2017-18.
Principal Seema Jerath Acknowledged as one of India’s 8 School Leaders who Strengthen Education Systems and is conferred with the ‘The School Leadership Award’.
Brainfeed School Academic Excellence Awards 2017
Dec 9, 2017: It was a proud and momentous occasion for DLF Public School to be awarded in two categories in the top 500 schools of India of the Brain Feed School Excellence Awards for the year 2017-2018 at Le Meridien Hotel, New Delhi . The school received awards in categories of Best Infrastructure School and Best ICT implementation School. It also featured among the top 5 schools in Ghaziabad along with Best Academic Excellence and Best Influential School categories. School Wing Coordinator, Ms. Swagata Ganguly received the award on behalf of the school.
Archana Singh, Wing Coordinator was awarded the Teaching Excellence Award 2017 by IIHM.
Chairman Dr. Rakesh Khullar attended the Tomorrow’s India Global Summit 2016, Korea where he shared the culture and best practices of our school in relation to the international exchange programs.
Dr. Mrignaini, Executive Director got an opportunity to present a paper on ‘Educating for Democratic Governance and Global Citizenship’at the WCCI 17th World Conference, Budapest.
Principal Ms. Seema Jerath participated in Regional Principals’ Conference South Asia, Bangkok, February 2017.
Principal Ms. Seema Jerath represented India at the 5th Spectrum Conference : A major Inter Cultural Learning Exercise, Turkey in Apr 2016.
Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) has recently published a special article “Smile it’s good for you” by our Principal Mrs. Seema Jerath in January-March 2017 issue of ‘Teacher’, a magazine valued and respected by the education fraternity for the insightful articles, case studies, research findings and thought pieces it publishes By Educators, For Educators. In her article, she highlights the importance of life skills at DLF Public School and explains how life skills education helps to build the value system of today’s students and tomorrow’s citizens. The article focuses on the ‘Smiley Program’ which is a popular positive reinforcement that recognizes and rewards each little act of goodness of a Delfite. She has explained how embedding ‘Smiley program’ within the school curriculum has helped the school sustain a humanized culture for more than a decade and that is why DLF is ‘A School with a Soul’.
DLF Public School Awarded “Futuristic School Of India, 2017!
In due recognition to the commitment and pro-active adoption of the Thots Lab pedagogy of Higher Order Thinking, ReTHINK INDIA felicitated DLF Public School as a ‘Futuristic School of India’ on National Technology Day, May 11th, 2017 at India International Centre, New Delhi.
DLF Public School Ranked No. 1 across India in ‘Individual Attention to Students’ . Survey by Education Today.co, School Merit Awards 2015.
DLF Public School now amongst Top 100 Asia’s 100 Best & Fastest Growing Educational Institutes’ 14-15.
From being No#1 School in Ghaziabad in 2014 (*Times of India C fore School Survey 2014). Our School now ranks amongst Asia’s 100 Best & Fastest Growing Educational Institutes’ 14-15(*A survey for WCRC by IBRANDS 360). DLF Public School has now benchmarked its global presence amongst the most trendsetting schools in Asia The ranking was based on a three phased comprehensive research done for World Consulting Research Corporation, a multi-dimensional company in consulting, research and knowledge, by IBRANDS 360, one of the leading Process advisers and evaluators. The school was first shortlisted through Phase 1 ‘Perception Survey’, followed by Phase 2, where it was further assessed on parameters as Admission Process, Infrastructure, Faculty, Recognition/Awards, and Co-Curricular activities and finally made its place in the top 100 after a thorough assessment by the jury of eminent panelists from various countries across Asia.
Dr Rakesh Khullar, Chairman, and Dr Mrignaini, Executive Director, DLF Public School receiving the award during the WCRC IDEAS FEST on 21st May, 2015 at Singapore.
Once again DLF Public School receives the British Council International School Award 2015-18 for the ‘Outstanding Development of International Dimension in its Curriculum’
Awarded The Delhi Gaurav Samman, 2015 for Education.
DLF Public School Ranked 1 across Ghaziabad at Times of India School Survey 2014
DLF Public School Becomes Part of the World Peace Summit at Korea
Ms. Tarkeshwari Mishra, Faculty of Hindi Department, DLF Public School, attended the 6 day long ‘Peace, Security and Human Development’ World Summit representing India amongst the National Heads and representatives of more than 70 nations from August 09-14, 2014. The Summit was organized by universal Peace Federation in Seoul, Korea on ‘The Relevance of Religion for Peace and Development’.
Ms. Tarkeshwari assisted the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka, Mr. D.M Jayaratne in translating his address from Pali language to Hindi which was acknowledged by Mr. Jayaratne. She even engaged with the dignitaries during the interactive session on ‘How to build peace and harmony across the world’. The Summit broadly dwelled on the thought that all religion connect us, they do not divide us and that children have a great role to build peace and harmony in the world.
Back home, she not only shared her learning with her school teachers and students but integrated the objectives of the Summit into the ongoing Hindi Month at DLF Public School where students are celebrating and representing the peace legends and activists around the world, in contemporary context.
Ms. Tarkeshwari Mishra with the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka D.M Jayantre, President of The Washington Times USA Larry Beasley, Former President of Kosovo Dr Fatim Sejdiu, Former Prime Minister of Mali Prof. Dioncounda Tagore, Former Prime Minister of Malaysia Tun Abdullah Bin Ahmad Badawi and representatives of 70 nations.
Delfites Become Global Champions Once again: Awarded Business Development Prize of $2000 at School Enterprise Challenge, UK
Out of 1065 schools from 80 countries around the world, Delfites made their way to being the Global Champions once again. Continuing their legacy of winning the Top Global Prize of $5000 last year, they have been awarded this year with the Business Development Prize of $2000 at the School Enterprise Challenge 2013, by UK-based Teach A Man to Fish.
Winning this 4 year old award the second year in a row makes the school the only leading school in India with an innovative and sustainable school business that has not only positively impacted its students but also their wider community. This year, the challenge was even bigger for the Delfites of class XI (Commerce Stream), as they had to create a business development model to expand their last year’s project’ Delfite Craft Hut’. ‘DelfiteFoodies’ was the expansion project with Delfites of Gourmet Club flavouring their culinary skills with business skills. They further cascaded their skills to the Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (UP) girl students by developing their business enterprise by sharing business skills and buying and selling of their products (Vermicelli) under the banner of ‘Delfite Hut’.
The objective of this enterprise is to enable young Delfites to be not only job seekers but be job creators too and to establish a socially responsible, yet profitable, business at school. As a result of this; many students came to the surface as leaders. A more confident class XI (Commerce) can be now seen taking complete ownership of their business enterprise; taking on their new roles as the CEO, Managers, Marketing Heads, Procurement Team, Production Team, and the Process & Quality Team.
“The project has taught and tested the marketing, accounting, ICT and communication skills of students in real life challenging situations thereby putting the education in real world context, in its most comprehensive form”, said extremely delighted Project In-charge, Ms. Archana Srivastava (Coordinator, DLPS).
Combating e-waste… Creating e-wareness
To counter the worldwide challenge of growing e-waste, the Delfites took a step forward to outreach the community and created e-wareness by collecting discarded mobiles, chargers, batteries or any other discarded accessories of mobiles and recycle it in a very responsible way through Microsoft Nokia.
Sr. Physics Faculty, Mr. Aakash Chaudhar, DLF Public School finds recognition in the International Journal.
DLF Educator features in Career360, a Magazine for Students and Professionals
Dr. Sanjali Dhar, science teacher at DLF public school features in CAREERS360 magazine that addresses students and young working professionals in the 18-26 age groups, and straddles the education and career guidance space. The magazine provide reviews on career and courses, advisories, exam information, rankings and more in a friendly tone. While expressing her opinion on Technology in Schools in an article that featured in the magazine she shared how technology is transforming the way a teacher teaches at her own school and how the ‘talk’ is replacing the ‘chalk’. She also shared small story of change of how DLF Public school became an E-smart School.
DLF Public School has a Microsoft Innovative Educator Fellow Now!
Our Educator Ms. Duhita Parmar has been selected by Microsoft to be a member of the Microsoft Innovative Educator Fellow (MIE Fellow) Program for 2017-2018! She is now a proud member of the incredible group of over 300 educators from around the globe and 30 educators from India.
As a MIE Fellow she will be responsible to mentor and guide other peer educators. Not only this, she would get numerous opportunities such as to train over 400 other educators and initiate collaborative projects with MIE Experts. Beside this she would also work on research projects with Microsoft product teams.
Dr. Sanjali Dhar earned acclaims at National Seminar
Dr. Sanjali Dhar earned acclaims at National Seminar ‘Emerging Trends and challenges in ‘Biodiversity Conservation’ under UGC in Mar. She presented poster titled ‘Strategies for Eco-Conservation and Sustainable Development in Cold Arid Region of Batalik Area of Kargil, Jammu and Kashmir’.Her work earned many appreciations from eminent Scientist & Scholars from all over India.
Ms. Gargi Datta Biswas Successfully Completed Course on ‘Food and Nutrition’ from Stanford University through Coursera.
Ms. Nikita Chaudhary received Prestigious Lokmanilal Awards for Excellence in Education.
Wing Coordinator Ms. Kanika Bharadwaj Bestowed with the Trophy of Excellence in Education at IIHM, Delhi
Ms. Charu Seth Completed Advance Diploma in ‘Child And Adolescent Guidance And Counselling’ from NIPCCD.
Ms. Duhita Parmar represented India for E2 Global Education Exchange Program by Microsoft. She presented India in Toronto, Canada from 21st-23rd March, 2017. She was amongst 229 MIEEs out of 6000 MIEEs who were selected for the event. Her Project ‘Metamorphose like a Butterfly’ was a winning entry and ranked first in the group challenge.
Dr. Himani Tyagi’s case study on video conferencing has been selected for publication entitled TEACHING AND TECHNOLOGY: CASE STUDIES FROM INDIA by Central Square Foundation, British Council.
Ms. Kalpana Joshi awarded for her Contribution to Inspire & Enlighten Participants of National Science Concours 16-17
Ms. Suruchi Aggarwal & Ms. Aswathi Attended the National Workshop Of Utsahi Physics Teachers (NWUPT) at IIT Kanpur, May 2016.
Ms. Tarkeshwari Mishra discussed with Chief Minister of Gujarat Sri Vijay Rupani about DLF Public School and Value based Peace Education in presence of Acharya Dr Lokesh Muni, Founder President of Ahimsa Vishwa Bharti at CM House Gandhinagar Gujarat.
- Ms. Duhita Parmar Becomes an Authorized Microsoft in Education Training Partner. Our Science teacher, Ms. Duhita Parmar attended the Microsoft in Education Training Partner Summit in Gurgaon, India on November 9-11, 2016. This three-day summit was offered to the partners who are well-versed in training educators and school leaders in primary and secondary schools.
- Ms. Duhita Parmar Selected as FINALIST at the CBSE National Award for Using ICT in Education. She also becomes the Google Innovator Educator.
- Ms. Gargi Datta Biswas Coordinator Science Department Receives the Highly Prestigious LokmaniLal Award For Excellence in Education 2015.
- Ms. Patrali Mukherjee Receiving Momento from the CBSE Chairman Mrs. SS Bedi on behalf of School as the Delfites’ performed at the International Yoga Day, Talkatora Stadium, June 22, 2015.
- Ms. Gargi Datta Biswas was selected as the Finalist under the Pearson Teaching Awards 2014; category ‘Teaching Excellence in Science’.
- Ms. Renu Sundriyal Secured 2nd Position at the Inter-State IIHM Teacher Chef India Competition. She received a cash award of Rs. 25,000.
- Ms. Duhita Parmar
Ms. Gargi Dutta Biswas
Ms. Renu Sundriyal
Ms. Duhita Parmar
- Principal Seema Jerath was one of the Trainers for the British Council Team training 40 teachers from 10 Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (KGBVs) including the wardens from West, East, and South Garo Hills, Meghalaya from 13-16 October, 2014. The training modules included, ‘Technology in Education’, ‘Global Citizenship’, ‘100 Words in Communication’ and ‘School Enterprise’ and aimed to develop in girls 21st century skills such as communication, collaboration as also to foster entrepreneurial drive in girls of these schools.
- Principal Seema Jerath and School Counsellor Charu Seth have been designated as the CBSE Counsellors.
- Ms. Tarkeshwari Mishra, Faculty, Hindi Department, attended the 6 day long ‘Peace, Security and Human Development’ World Summit representing India amongst the National Heads and representatives of more than 70 nations from August 09-14, 2014. The Summit was organized by universal Peace Federation in Seoul, Korea on ‘The Relevance of Religion for Peace and Development’.
- Ms. Zohra Lawrence and Ms. Veena Warikoo were selected as Trainers of ‘Drama in Classroom’ project under the British Council Arts Education World Voice Over Programme and trained about 1000 teachers from regions as Patna, Meghalaya, Sikkim (Geyzing, Mangan, Namchi, Gangtok)
- Ms. Duhita Parmar has now been certified as a ‘Google Certified Teacher’. Receiving her certification from Ms. Bani Dhawan, Educational Outreach, Regional Lead, India, Google.
- Three teachers of our School; Ms Duhita Parmar, Ms. Anjali Mittal and Ms. Rati Sharma have become the GEG Leads Ghaziabad(Google Educators Group Leads) and are empowering the teachers of our school as well teachers of other schools on using Google Tools effectively in Classrooms. They are empowering teachers to learn, connect and build their capacities by introducing teachers to innovative ways of infusing technology into their classroom practices.
Ms. Duhita Parmar
Ms. Anjali Mittal
Ms. Rati Sharma
- Ms. Archana Singh, Coordinator, Classes I-III, got selected for the British Council Curriculum Mapping Exercise. She will be part of the core group of educationists across India who will be creating ‘The Handbook for Embedding International Dimension in the Classroom for Primary Classes’ through the process of mapping classroom learning activities to the prescribed CBSE curriculum, the global citizenship skills, values and international dimension learning outcomes.
|Dr. Mrignaini Shared School’s Research Project on ‘Conservation of Electricity’ and its Comparison between Schools in India and UK’ sharing school’s approach towards Global Environment and Sustainability at WCCI’s World Conference on Education, California. As the Life Member of WCCI, she was invited to present her Paper at the 16th World Conference on Education on ‘Integrating Education for a Lasting Culture of Peace and Care of Planet Earth’ from August 17-24, 2014 at San Diego, California, USA.|
|Our School Coach, Dr. Himani Tyagi’s Research Paper was published in the international Journal ‘Plant Science’ on ‘ Rice SAPs are responsive to multiple biotic stresses and over expression of OsSAP1, an A20/AN1 zinc-finger protein, enhances the basal resistance against pathogen infection in tobacco’.|
|Dr. Sonia Sinha Received the Global Teacher Accreditation Award by Cambridge Education Foundation and British Council for her action research on ‘Impact of Individual Action Plan to improve Spelling of Children with Special Disability‘.|
- This year, Ms. Duhita Parmar and Ms. Anjali Mittal have undertaken action researches under the British Council Global Accreditation Programme on the following topics:
- Anjali Mittal Can audio books better learners’ listening skills and deliver higher learning outcomes in learners over paper books?
Know thy Mission
- Delfite Teachers rendered a deeper meaning to the Teacher’s Day celebration as every Department created a Vision and a Mission for their Curriculum Areas focusing on broader learning outcomes for every child. Primary Department (I-III) became the winners of the Inter-Department ‘Share your Vision’ Competition organized on Teacher’s Day 2014. Each winning teacher was awarded a USB Drive by the Unified Learning Pvt. Lmt. Science Department collectively cut the cake for being the 1st Runners up followed by Computer and Music and Dance Department.
|Ms. Parul Chabbra, Art Teacher, upgraded her skills by completing the Coursera’s “Introduction to Computational Arts Course” from STONEY BROOK UNIVERSITY with 94%. Congratulations!|
- This year, teachers will further translate their vision to children by reviewing the curriculum areas and aligning it to attain the objectives set into their Vision and Mission Statements.
- 20 English Language teachers completed the CiSELT (Certificate in Secondary English Language Teaching) Course and CiPELT (Certificate in Secondary English Language Teaching ) Course by the British Council to bring the English language learning at par with Common European Framework of Reference for Language (CEFR).
- Many teachers of the School completed the Google Basics for Teaching Course and learnt how to use Google technology to enhance the efficiency, innovation and effectiveness of their teaching.
- Few teachers of our school completed the CPD (Continuing Professional Development)Courses by the British Council on themes like: Global Citizenship, International Learning, Education for Global Citizenship, Inter Cultural and Global Awareness, Sustainable Partnerships, English for International Exchange, ICT for International Exchange
Our Passionate Student Achievers
Delfite Rahul Kummar, Grade VIII, bags 2nd position at a National Level on the spot painting competition organised by Indian Meteorological Department (IMD)
Delfite Arnav Srivastava emerges as National Winner of Camel Art Contest 2016-17
Delfite Arnav Srivasatva, Grade III C, is the NATIONAL WINNER of CAMEL ART CONTEST 2016-17, World’s Largest Art Competition.His drawing has been selected out of 43,80,067 entries of 6144 schools across the country.The activity has been designed to nurture the child’s creativity & motivate them to think in an innovative manner. Students from pre-school to 10th standard are invited to participate in 5 clearly divided groups. Each group receives an exciting and relevant topic every year. Every entry competes at the school level. The winners of school level then move to a regional level and finally compete at a national level. He has been honoured with a trophy and a certificate. Kudos!
Delfite ATHARV CHAUHAN – Grade V, ANSHIKA GUPTA – Grade VI, BHAVUK PRASAD SARTHAK – Grade VII, PRATHAM AGGARWAL – Grade VIII and SIDDHARTH UPADHYAY – Grade IX have secured the highest in their grade in National Astronomy Challenge 2017.
Arush Mangal, Grade 5 is Winner of Level 1 category of 9th EDUConvEx Essay Writing Competition 2017. He received the Gift Prize of Rs11000/- along with a Certificate.
Delfites bagged first position in “Be the Champion of Environment” and “Shadow Theatre” at “Expression 2017″- An Inter School Cultural Fest held at Army Public School, Delhi.
Anusuya Warikoo, Zikshita Patni, Vedika Dutta, Rohit Muralidharan, Yukta Kher and Shweta singh qualified NEET 2017.
DLF Public School is the Winner of 35th Overall State Yoga Championship of Free flow Dance Yoga Competition
Shughra M Naqvi is the Gold Medalist in Under 11 category of North Zone Yoga competition and would compete in Nationals to be held in Oct, 2017.
Navneel Mandal of class 12 (batch 2016-17) and Mrigya Gupta of Class12 (batch 2017-18) have qualified the KVPY( Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna) in the session 2016-17 after clearing aptitude test and interview. KVPY is organised by IISC Bangalore to encourage research among the youngsters. They both are now eligible to avail the research grant and scholarship by KVPY if they pursue bachelor of science after class 12th .
Delfites are selected for Global Round at Henoy, Vietnam in June’17 for World Scholar Cup.
Aditi Singh is the Winner of Zonal Round, Delhi-NCR (Junior) of Smart Vocab Challenger 2017. She ranked 16 amongst 200 students selected for Zonal round.
Saumya Tiwari, Grade XI is Among top 50 at Technovations – Tryst- 2017, Annual Technical Fest of IIT.
Delfites Priyansh Agarwal, Divyansh Sati & Amit Raj Bhagat qualified for Round II of NTSE, 2017.Now, they are preparing for finals. We wish them all the best! Divyansh Sati also qualified for the second round of Vaigyanika 2016.
Delfites Diksha Arora,Mamta Srivastava & Simran - Psychology and Pulak Rai - Economics were a warded ‘Certificate Of Merit’ for Outstanding Academic Performance & For Being Among the Top 0.1 Percent Of Successful Candidates In Class XII, 2016.
Delfites Yukta Kher, Parh Gulati & Shivam Aggarwal secured third position and were rewarded a cash prize of fifteen thousand for Science and Art project based on the goal of climate change from Sustainable development Goals under the theme ‘How to Mitigate Air Pollution in Delhi’ organised by NPSC UNIC collaboration.
The innovative model the ‘Mechanical Pendulum Pump’ of Delfites Tushar Goel & Shivam Goel, Grade IX , under the guidance of Dr. Kalpana Joshi, won the CBSE National Science Exhibition 2016 & further qualified for the very prestigious IRIS National Science Fair held at Pune and the 43rd Jawaharlal Nehru National Science Mathematics and Environment Exhibition for Children which was being organised in Bengaluru from December 13 to 19, 2016.
Delfites Ira Patole & Kanish Chugh, Grade XI, model of The ‘Unique Hospital Bed’ under guidance of Ms. Archana Baghel, was selected for National Level Science CBSE Exhibition 2016-2017 that is designed towards bettering lives of bedridden patients by making them independent.
Mathematics Department Project ‘Irreum’ of Priyansh Kumar Agarwal & Soumyadeep Mukhopadhyay of X A won the regional round and qualified for the national round of National Level CBSE Exhibition 2016-17 under the guidance of our mathematics teacher Ms. Anshu Grover.
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Little Champ 2017 Moksh Gulhati of VI F bagged Silver Medal & ranked in Top 40 amongst 2500 participants from all over India in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Little Champ 2017 on ZEE TV. The Judges of the event were Mr. Himesh Reshamiya, Mr. Javed Ali & Ms. Neha Kakkar.
National Finance Olympiad Shreya Gupta, XI A, would be felicitated special recognition award for the first time in the history of NFO(National Finance Olympiad) as she gave the maximum right answers in an Audio – Visual Round of the Regional Round from across India.
SPIC MACAY– VIRASAT 2016 SPIC MACAY (Society for Promotion of Indian Classical Music And Culture Amongst Youth) organized an exclusive convention – VIRASAT 2016. A group of 10 students from classes VI, VIII, IX and X along with Ms. Sapna Singh from the Social Science department, attended this 2-day event at DPS NTPC, Vidyut Nagar which included a stay and participation in the cultural programs. The convention mainly aimed at bringing our youngsters face-to-face with the rich and ancient culture and heritage of India.
- Ishita Shrivastava Delfite Ishita Shrivastava bagged the Silver Medal the 2016 at the Global World Scholar’s Cup in Thailand amidst 3400 scholars from 50 countries competing to reach the Tournament of Champions at Yale University in New Haven. She wrote about ‘Criminals should be given the option to choose a death penalty over a life sentence’. She found a place in the global community as she debated against scholars from China, Australia and the Middle-East and came out as a winner in two out of three debates that were conducted.
- Ishita Sathoo Delfite Ishita Sathoo of Class XII A Qualified in Top 10 for City Finals in Delhi at the Young Chef India 2016. The show was aired on 14th May, 2016 on the well-known national channel, NDTV Goodtimes.
- DLF movie among top 10 at CBSE Movie Competition Delfites’ movie – ‘Diary on seven sisters’ was among the top 30 movies selected for screening and finally stood among top 10 movies at the CBSE Movie Festival on the theme ‘North-East India’
- Harshit Earns visit to NASA
Delfite Harshit Pokhriyal, Class X was selected to visit NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) USA in October 2015. Harshit earned this lifetime opportunity by emerging out as the 2nd Rank holder in India at the National Astronomy Olympiad 2013 by Orange Education Foundation.
- Dance Drama at FICCI
Delfite Hitrali Mukherjee, class IX with Singer Abhijeet Singh at Rabindra Nath Tagore’s Dance Drama at FICCI auditorium on the occasion of his birth anniversary
- Delfite Rumella Wins Bronze at National Panini Linguistic Olympiad
Rumella Jain, a Class X student of DLF Public School made her school proud by winning Bronze Medal at the National Round of the Panini Linguistics Olympiad in Junior category at Bangalore.
- Rumella Jain, Class X also became the British Council Gold Brand Ambassador for Aptis. She along with Ria Saxena, Class IX, had earlier cleared the APTIS Teens for Challenge Competition held at the British Council. After being selected for the Inter-School Extempore Elocution where 110 students from 23 select schools from Delhi, Noida and NCR had participated, Rumella spell bound everyone with her compelling language and communicational skills and became the Gold Brand Ambassador for APTIS.
- Mrigya Gupta, IX A. Mrigya became the Delhi Champion (Senior) in the Smart Vocab Challenger 2014
- A group of Delfites got the opportunity to perform live with the famous Indian Singer Mohit Chauhan at a musical concert at the Lotus Temple, New Delhi on March 19, 2015. The performance was part of the British Council World Voice Project that the school is part of. Delfites were trained under the guidance of our teachers Ms. Veena Warikoo and Ms. Zohra Lawrence who are the also the British Council Trainers for this project.
Our Young Artists Splash Out!
- Ridhi’s Painting Gets Selected for the NPSC-UNIC 2015 Calendar – Riddhi Garg, V C. The selection of the paintings was done by a committee constituted by the United Nations International Children’s Education Fund(UNICEF). The calendar was released on the Human Rights Day on December 10, 2014 by Dr. Kiran Bedi. Copies of the calendar will be circulated by the United Nations to all their Missions across the world along with their headquarters at the New York and Geneva. This painting Competition on the theme ‘yoUNg@70′ was organized by National Progressive Schools’ Conference and United Nations Information Centre for students from classes III-V of the NPSC schools.
Vidhi’s Posters Gets Selected for New Year Consumer Awareness Wall Calendar
The creative Posters of Viddhi Jangra, Class IX and Cheshta Mittal, Class XII selected for the New Year Consumer Awareness Wall Calendar 2015 by the Centre for Consumer Studies, Indian Institute of Public Administration.
Shreya Becomes One of Country’s Best Thread Magicians
- Shreya Verma, VI A won the Third Prize among 12,500 participants from more than 88 schools in India in the Young Merlins Category at the ‘Thread Magical Nationals 2014′ thread craft competition organized by Anchor Education Service. Along with the honour of being one of the country’s best thread magicians, Shreya has been awarded with a Bronze Medal, a Certificate of Excellence and a Gift Voucher of Rs. 2000.
Dance all the Way
- The Dance team won 1st Position at the 17th Global Female Folk Dance Competition organized by Charu Castle Foundation and District Administration, Kullu, Himachal Pradesh Government. October, 2014.
Celebrating Our Thinkers: And the ‘Think Wizard of the Year’ Award Goes to…
- Sarthak Mehta, X C, became the ‘Think Wizard’ of the year closely followed by Somya Agarwal, X A, Gurnoor Kaur, IX C, Aniket Gupta VI F, Shivam Rohilla XII D. Sarthak had been consistent in solving the weekly online think puzzles and had made it to attempting the maximum number of puzzles with most correct answers.
- Also, Raghav Goyal, IX A was declared as the Aptitude Wizard and awarded a Samsung Galaxy Tab as he qualified for the City Level Round of Times NIE Think and Learn Challenge 2015. Raghav made his place in the top 10 percent of students from about 2 Lakh students from 450 schools of NCR.
Three Years in a Row: Delfites win the Rajiv Gandhi National Talent Competition
- Winners Kartikay, Navneel Mandal, Class X, Vaishnavi Rai, Class XI, Diksha Arora, Ayushi Singhal and Akansh, Class XI Receiving the Award at the Urdu Ghar Auditorium, February 13, 2015 << Caption under the photograph>>
- Moksha Gulati
- Navya Gupta, Class XII cleared the highly prestigious Aptitude Test at the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana 2014-15 by Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. She was selected to appear for an Interview at the Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi.
Navya Gupta and Mehak Gupta also qualified for the 2nd Round of Vaigyanika 2014. Mehak Gupta, XI, in Maths,
- Navya Gupta, XII, in Chemistry and Maths.
Mehak Gupta, XI became the NTSE Scholar 2014.
- Arish cleared 1st Round of National Biology Olympiad; Navya cleared the 1st Round of National Physics, Chemistry and Astronomy. Both selected in the Top 300 students and qualified for the 2nd Round conducted by Homi Bhaba Research Centre.
Namit Aggarwal, IX A and Yuganshu Bhagat, IX A Won the Third Prize at the Weather and Climate Quiz on India Meteorological Department (IMD) Foundation Day. They were rewarded trophies by Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences. January, 2015
- Yamini Rutela, VII A became the Winner at the Round Robin Tennis Tournament organized by Master Mind Tennis Academy
- Kunal and Saket’s Perfect Strokes
Collective Efforts, Big Results!: Overall Trophies
- February 03, 2015: Delfites win the Overall Trophy at ‘Robotronics’- the 3rd Inter-School Robotics Competition held at DPSG International, Dasna
- January, 2015: Delfites won the Running Trophy at Vasant Utsava 2015 by Ahlcon International School, New Delhi.
- November 2014: Delfites won the Rolling Trophy at Compufest 2014 organized by Seth Anandram Jaipuria School
- November, 2014: The Roller Skating Teams of the School became the Runners Up by winning Three trophies and 49 Medals at the 2nd Invitational Roller Skating Championship 2014 organized by National Federation of Physical Education
- October 2014: Karate Team won the Inter School Karate Championship by winning 5 Gold, 13 Silver and 17 Bronze Medals. The event was organized by Tenshinkan Karate Association of Ghaziabad
- The Yoga team of the School won 2nd Position at the 6th District Yoga Championship organized at K.D.B Public School