Achievements and Awards
The school where becoming a true Achiever is easy!”
The way to excellence at DLPS lies in outperforming oneself, not in competing with
others. So, every child is encouraged to better his own self and become what he or she wants to become. The
school promotes sharing and expanding knowledge through team work, peer learning and peer evaluation — thus
allowing the natural talents of Delfites to flourish and become the winners that they are destined to be!
DLF Public School Ranked No. 1 across India in ‘Individual Attention to Students’ . Survey by Education Today.co, School Merit Awards 2015.
DLF Public School now amongst Top 100 Asia’s 100 Best & Fastest Growing Educational Institutes’ 14-15.
From being No#1 School in Ghaziabad in 2014 (*Times of India C fore School Survey 2014). Our School now ranks amongst Asia’s 100 Best & Fastest Growing Educational Institutes’ 14-15(*A survey for WCRC by IBRANDS 360). DLF Public School has now benchmarked its global presence amongst the most trendsetting schools in Asia The ranking was based on a three phased comprehensive research done for World Consulting Research Corporation, a multi-dimensional company in consulting, research and knowledge, by IBRANDS 360, one of the leading Process advisers and evaluators. The school was first shortlisted through Phase 1 ‘Perception Survey’, followed by Phase 2, where it was further assessed on parameters as Admission Process, Infrastructure, Faculty, Recognition/Awards, and Co-Curricular activities and finally made its place in the top 100 after a thorough assessment by the jury of eminent panelists from various countries across Asia.
Dr Rakesh Khullar, Chairman, and Dr Mrignaini, Executive Director, DLF Public School receiving the award during the WCRC IDEAS FEST on 21st May, 2015 at Singapore.
Once again DLF Public School receives the British Council International School Award 2015-18 for the ‘Outstanding Development of International Dimension in its Curriculum’
Awarded The Delhi Gaurav Samman, 2015 for Education.
DLF Public School Ranked 1 across Ghaziabad at Times of India School Survey 2014
DLF Public School Becomes Part of the World Peace Summit at Korea
Ms. Tarkeshwari Mishra, Faculty of Hindi Department, DLF Public School, attended the 6 day long ‘Peace, Security and Human Development’ World Summit representing India amongst the National Heads and representatives of more than 70 nations from August 09-14, 2014. The Summit was organized by universal Peace Federation in Seoul, Korea on ‘The Relevance of Religion for Peace and Development’.
Ms. Tarkeshwari assisted the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka, Mr. D.M Jayaratne in translating his address from Pali language to Hindi which was acknowledged by Mr. Jayaratne. She even engaged with the dignitaries during the interactive session on ‘How to build peace and harmony across the world’. The Summit broadly dwelled on the thought that all religion connect us, they do not divide us and that children have a great role to build peace and harmony in the world.
Back home, she not only shared her learning with her school teachers and students but integrated the objectives of the Summit into the ongoing Hindi Month at DLF Public School where students are celebrating and representing the peace legends and activists around the world, in contemporary context.
Ms. Tarkeshwari Mishra with the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka D.M Jayantre, President of The Washington Times USA Larry Beasley, Former President of Kosovo Dr Fatim Sejdiu, Former Prime Minister of Mali Prof. Dioncounda Tagore, Former Prime Minister of Malaysia Tun Abdullah Bin Ahmad Badawi and representatives of 70 nations.
Delfites Become Global Champions Once again: Awarded Business Development Prize of $2000 at School Enterprise Challenge, UK
Out of 1065 schools from 80 countries around the world, Delfites made their way to being the Global Champions once again. Continuing their legacy of winning the Top Global Prize of $5000 last year, they have been awarded this year with the Business Development Prize of $2000 at the School Enterprise Challenge 2013, by UK-based Teach A Man to Fish.
Winning this 4 year old award the second year in a row makes the school the only leading school in India with an innovative and sustainable school business that has not only positively impacted its students but also their wider community. This year, the challenge was even bigger for the Delfites of class XI (Commerce Stream), as they had to create a business development model to expand their last year’s project’ Delfite Craft Hut’. ‘DelfiteFoodies’ was the expansion project with Delfites of Gourmet Club flavouring their culinary skills with business skills. They further cascaded their skills to the Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (UP) girl students by developing their business enterprise by sharing business skills and buying and selling of their products (Vermicelli) under the banner of ‘Delfite Hut’.
The objective of this enterprise is to enable young Delfites to be not only job seekers but be job creators too and to establish a socially responsible, yet profitable, business at school. As a result of this; many students came to the surface as leaders. A more confident class XI (Commerce) can be now seen taking complete ownership of their business enterprise; taking on their new roles as the CEO, Managers, Marketing Heads, Procurement Team, Production Team, and the Process & Quality Team.
“The project has taught and tested the marketing, accounting, ICT and communication skills of students in real life challenging situations thereby putting the education in real world context, in its most comprehensive form”, said extremely delighted Project In-charge, Ms. Archana Srivastava (Coordinator, DLPS).
Combating e-waste… Creating e-wareness
To counter the worldwide challenge of growing e-waste, the Delfites took a step forward to outreach the community and created e-wareness by collecting discarded mobiles, chargers, batteries or any other discarded accessories of mobiles and recycle it in a very responsible way through Microsoft Nokia.
Our Passionate Teacher Achievers
- Ms. Tarkeshwari Mishra Tarkeshwari Mishra discussed with Chief Minister of Gujarat Sri Vijay Rupani about DLF Public School and Value based Peace Education in presence of Acharya Dr Lokesh Muni, Founder President of Ahimsa Vishwa Bharti at C M House Gandhinagar Gujarat.
- Ms. Duhita Parmar Ms. Duhita Parmar Becomes an Authorized Microsoft in Education Training Partner. Our Science teacher, Ms. Duhita Parmar attended the Microsoft in Education Training Partner Summit in Gurgaon, India on November 9-11, 2016. This three-day summit was offered to the partners who are well-versed in training educators and school leaders in primary and secondary schools.
- Ms. Duhita Parmar Selected as FINALIST at the CBSE National Award for Using ICT in Education. She also becomes the Google Innovator Educator.
- Ms. Gargi Datta Biswas Coordinator Science Department Receives the Highly Prestigious LokmaniLal Award For Excellence in Education 2015.
- Ms. Patrali Mukherjee Receiving Momento from the CBSE Chairman Mrs. SS Bedi on behalf of School as the Delfites’ performed at the International Yoga Day, Talkatora Stadium, June 22, 2015.
- Ms. Gargi Datta Biswas was selected as the Finalist under the Pearson Teaching Awards 2014; category ‘Teaching Excellence in Science’.
- Ms. Renu Sundriyal Secured 2nd Position at the Inter-State IIHM Teacher Chef India Competition. She received a cash award of Rs. 25,000.
- Ms. Duhita Parmar ()
- Principal Seema Jerath was one of the Trainers for the British Council Team training 40 teachers from 10 Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (KGBVs) including the wardens from West, East, and South Garo Hills, Meghalaya from 13-16 October, 2014. The training modules included, ‘Technology in Education’, ‘Global Citizenship’, ‘100 Words in Communication’ and ‘School Enterprise’ and aimed to develop in girls 21st century skills such as communication, collaboration as also to foster entrepreneurial drive in girls of these schools.
- Principal Seema Jerath and School Counsellor Charu Seth have been designated as the CBSE Counsellors.
- Ms. Tarkeshwari Mishra, Faculty, Hindi Department, attended the 6 day long ‘Peace, Security and Human Development’ World Summit representing India amongst the National Heads and representatives of more than 70 nations from August 09-14, 2014. The Summit was organized by universal Peace Federation in Seoul, Korea on ‘The Relevance of Religion for Peace and Development’.
- Ms. Zohra Lawrence and Ms. Veena Warikoo were selected as Trainers of ‘Drama in Classroom’ project under the British Council Arts Education World Voice Over Programme and trained about 1000 teachers from regions as Patna, Meghalaya, Sikkim (Geyzing, Mangan, Namchi, Gangtok)
- Ms. Duhita Parmar has now been certified as a ‘Google Certified Teacher’. Receiving her certification from Ms. Bani Dhawan, Educational Outreach, Regional Lead, India, Google.
- Three teachers of our School; Ms Duhita Parmar, Ms. Anjali Mittal and Ms. Rati Sharma have become the GEG Leads Ghaziabad(Google Educators Group Leads) and are empowering the teachers of our school as well teachers of other schools on using Google Tools effectively in Classrooms. They are empowering teachers to learn, connect and build their capacities by introducing teachers to innovative ways of infusing technology into their classroom practices.
- Ms. Archana Singh, Coordinator, Classes I-III, got selected for the British Council Curriculum Mapping Exercise. She will be part of the core group of educationists across India who will be creating ‘The Handbook for Embedding International Dimension in the Classroom for Primary Classes’ through the process of mapping classroom learning activities to the prescribed CBSE curriculum, the global citizenship skills, values and international dimension learning outcomes.
Our Passionate Teacher Researchers/Internationally Acclaimed Researches
- Dr. Mrignaini Shared School’s Research Project on ‘Conservation of Electricity and its Comparison between Schools in India and UK’ sharing school’s approach towards Global Environment and Sustainability at WCCI’s World Conference on Education, California. As the Life Member of WCCI, she was invited to present her Paper at the 16th World Conference on Education on ‘Integrating Education for a Lasting Culture of Peace and Care of Planet Earth’ from August 17-24, 2014 at San Diego, California, USA.
- Our School Coach, Dr. Himani Tyagi’s Research Paper was published in the international Journal ‘Plant Science’ on ‘ Rice SAPs are responsive to multiple biotic stresses and over expression of OsSAP1, an A20/AN1 zinc-finger protein, enhances the basal resistance against pathogen infection in tobacco’.
- Dr. Sonia Sinha Received the Global Teacher Accreditation Award by Cambridge Education Foundation and British Council for her action research on ‘Impact of Individual Action Plan to improve Spelling of Children with Special Disability‘.
- This year, Ms. Duhita Parmar and Ms. Anjali Mittal have undertaken action researches under the British Council Global Accreditation Programme on the following topics:
- Anjali Mittal Can audio books better learners’ listening skills and deliver higher learning outcomes in learners over paper books?
Know thy Mission
- Delfite Teachers rendered a deeper meaning to the Teacher’s Day celebration as every Department created a Vision and a Mission for their Curriculum Areas focusing on broader learning outcomes for every child. Primary Department (I-III) became the winners of the Inter-Department ‘Share your Vision’ Competition organized on Teacher’s Day 2014. Each winning teacher was awarded a USB Drive by the Unified Learning Pvt. Lmt. Science Department collectively cut the cake for being the 1st Runners up followed by Computer and Music and Dance Department.
- This year, teachers will further translate their vision to children by reviewing the curriculum areas and aligning it to attain the objectives set into their Vision and Mission Statements.
Our Passionate Teacher Learners
- Ms. Parul Chabbra, Art Teacher, upgraded her skills by completing the Coursera’s “Introduction to Computational Arts Course” from STONEY BROOK UNIVERSITY with 94%. Congratulations!
- 20 English Language teachers completed the CiSELT (Certificate in Secondary English Language Teaching) Course and CiPELT (Certificate in Secondary English Language Teaching ) Course by the British Council to bring the English language learning at par with Common European Framework of Reference for Language (CEFR).
- Many teachers of the School completed the Google Basics for Teaching Course and learnt how to use Google technology to enhance the efficiency, innovation and effectiveness of their teaching.
- Few teachers of our school completed the CPD (Continuing Professional Development)Courses by the British Council on themes like: Global Citizenship, International Learning, Education for Global Citizenship, Inter Cultural and Global Awareness, Sustainable Partnerships, English for International Exchange, ICT for International Exchange
Our Passionate Student Achievers
- SPIC MACAY– VIRASAT 2016 SPIC MACAY (Society for Promotion of Indian Classical Music And Culture Amongst Youth) organized an exclusive convention – VIRASAT 2016. A group of 10 students from classes VI, VIII, IX and X along with Ms. Sapna Singh from the Social Science department, attended this 2-day event at DPS NTPC, Vidyut Nagar which included a stay and participation in the cultural programs. The convention mainly aimed at bringing our youngsters face-to-face with the rich and ancient culture and heritage of India.
- Ishita Shrivastava Delfite Ishita Shrivastava bagged the Silver Medal the 2016 at the Global World Scholar’s Cup in Thailand amidst 3400 scholars from 50 countries competing to reach the Tournament of Champions at Yale University in New Haven. She wrote about ‘Criminals should be given the option to choose a death penalty over a life sentence’. She found a place in the global community as she debated against scholars from China, Australia and the Middle-East and came out as a winner in two out of three debates that were conducted.
- Ishita Sathoo Delfite Ishita Sathoo of Class XII A Qualified in Top 10 for City Finals in Delhi at the Young Chef India 2016. The show was aired on 14th May, 2016 on the well-known national channel, NDTV Goodtimes.
- DLF movie among top 10 at CBSE Movie Competition Delfites’ movie – ‘Diary on seven sisters’ was among the top 30 movies selected for screening and finally stood among top 10 movies at the CBSE Movie Festival on the theme ‘North-East India’
- Harshit Earns visit to NASA
Delfite Harshit Pokhriyal, Class X was selected to visit NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) USA in October 2015. Harshit earned this lifetime opportunity by emerging out as the 2nd Rank holder in India at the National Astronomy Olympiad 2013 by Orange Education Foundation.
- Dance Drama at FICCI
Delfite Hitrali Mukherjee, class IX with Singer Abhijeet Singh at Rabindra Nath Tagore’s Dance Drama at FICCI auditorium on the occasion of his birth anniversary
- Delfite Rumella Wins Bronze at National Panini Linguistic Olympiad
Rumella Jain, a Class X student of DLF Public School made her school proud by winning Bronze Medal at the National Round of the Panini Linguistics Olympiad in Junior category at Bangalore.
- Rumella Jain, Class X also became the British Council Gold Brand Ambassador for Aptis. She along with Ria Saxena, Class IX, had earlier cleared the APTIS Teens for Challenge Competition held at the British Council. After being selected for the Inter-School Extempore Elocution where 110 students from 23 select schools from Delhi, Noida and NCR had participated, Rumella spell bound everyone with her compelling language and communicational skills and became the Gold Brand Ambassador for APTIS.
- Mrigya Gupta, IX A. Mrigya became the Delhi Champion (Senior) in the Smart Vocab Challenger 2014
- A group of Delfites got the opportunity to perform live with the famous Indian Singer Mohit Chauhan at a musical concert at the Lotus Temple, New Delhi on March 19, 2015. The performance was part of the British Council World Voice Project that the school is part of. Delfites were trained under the guidance of our teachers Ms. Veena Warikoo and Ms. Zohra Lawrence who are the also the British Council Trainers for this project.
Our Young Artists Splash Out!
- Ridhi’s Painting Gets Selected for the NPSC-UNIC 2015 Calendar – Riddhi Garg, V C. The selection of the paintings was done by a committee constituted by the United Nations International Children’s Education Fund(UNICEF). The calendar was released on the Human Rights Day on December 10, 2014 by Dr. Kiran Bedi. Copies of the calendar will be circulated by the United Nations to all their Missions across the world along with their headquarters at the New York and Geneva. This painting Competition on the theme ‘[email protected]′ was organized by National Progressive Schools’ Conference and United Nations Information Centre for students from classes III-V of the NPSC schools.
Vidhi’s Posters Gets Selected for New Year Consumer Awareness Wall Calendar
The creative Posters of Viddhi Jangra, Class IX and Cheshta Mittal, Class XII selected for the New Year Consumer Awareness Wall Calendar 2015 by the Centre for Consumer Studies, Indian Institute of Public Administration.
Shreya Becomes One of Country’s Best Thread Magicians
- Shreya Verma, VI A won the Third Prize among 12,500 participants from more than 88 schools in India in the Young Merlins Category at the ‘Thread Magical Nationals 2014′ thread craft competition organized by Anchor Education Service. Along with the honour of being one of the country’s best thread magicians, Shreya has been awarded with a Bronze Medal, a Certificate of Excellence and a Gift Voucher of Rs. 2000.
Dance all the Way
- The Dance team won 1st Position at the 17th Global Female Folk Dance Competition organized by Charu Castle Foundation and District Administration, Kullu, Himachal Pradesh Government. October, 2014.
Celebrating Our Thinkers: And the ‘Think Wizard of the Year’ Award Goes to…
- Sarthak Mehta, X C, became the ‘Think Wizard’ of the year closely followed by Somya Agarwal, X A, Gurnoor Kaur, IX C, Aniket Gupta VI F, Shivam Rohilla XII D. Sarthak had been consistent in solving the weekly online think puzzles and had made it to attempting the maximum number of puzzles with most correct answers.
- Also, Raghav Goyal, IX A was declared as the Aptitude Wizard and awarded a Samsung Galaxy Tab as he qualified for the City Level Round of Times NIE Think and Learn Challenge 2015. Raghav made his place in the top 10 percent of students from about 2 Lakh students from 450 schools of NCR.
Three Years in a Row: Delfites win the Rajiv Gandhi National Talent Competition
- Winners Kartikay, Navneel Mandal, Class X, Vaishnavi Rai, Class XI, Diksha Arora, Ayushi Singhal and Akansh, Class XI Receiving the Award at the Urdu Ghar Auditorium, February 13, 2015 << Caption under the photograph>>
- Moksha Gulati
- Navya Gupta, Class XII cleared the highly prestigious Aptitude Test at the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana 2014-15 by Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. She was selected to appear for an Interview at the Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi.
Navya Gupta and Mehak Gupta also qualified for the 2nd Round of Vaigyanika 2014. Mehak Gupta, XI, in Maths,
- Navya Gupta, XII, in Chemistry and Maths.
Mehak Gupta, XI became the NTSE Scholar 2014.
- Arish cleared 1st Round of National Biology Olympiad; Navya cleared the 1st Round of National Physics, Chemistry and Astronomy. Both selected in the Top 300 students and qualified for the 2nd Round conducted by Homi Bhaba Research Centre.
Namit Aggarwal, IX A and Yuganshu Bhagat, IX A Won the Third Prize at the Weather and Climate Quiz on India Meteorological Department (IMD) Foundation Day. They were rewarded trophies by Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences. January, 2015
- Yamini Rutela, VII A became the Winner at the Round Robin Tennis Tournament organized by Master Mind Tennis Academy
- Kunal and Saket’s Perfect Strokes
Collective Efforts, Big Results!: Overall Trophies
- February 03, 2015: Delfites win the Overall Trophy at ‘Robotronics’- the 3rd Inter-School Robotics Competition held at DPSG International, Dasna
- January, 2015: Delfites won the Running Trophy at Vasant Utsava 2015 by Ahlcon International School, New Delhi.
- November 2014: Delfites won the Rolling Trophy at Compufest 2014 organized by Seth Anandram Jaipuria School
- November, 2014: The Roller Skating Teams of the School became the Runners Up by winning Three trophies and 49 Medals at the 2nd Invitational Roller Skating Championship 2014 organized by National Federation of Physical Education
- October 2014: Karate Team won the Inter School Karate Championship by winning 5 Gold, 13 Silver and 17 Bronze Medals. The event was organized by Tenshinkan Karate Association of Ghaziabad
- The Yoga team of the School won 2nd Position at the 6th District Yoga Championship organized at K.D.B Public School