Incentives That Incite
Incentives That Incite
A number of incentive schemes by the school provide motivation and positive reinforcement to the students to excel their own efforts; “I did my best” badges and “Smileys” are given to encourage students. The school has even introduced ‘GOLD AWARDS’ for those achievers whose achievements may not be the BEST but show improvement, to make sure that even the slow achievers get an opportunity to be awarded and feel proud of themselves.
Keeping the harmful effects of competitiveness on the psyche of a child in mind, there is absolutely no scope for competition up to class II and each child is awarded for his or her own special qualities during the Recognition Day.
There has been a continuous surge in the scholarships, incentives and recognition that our Delfites are awarded with every year. In 2012-13, total amount of scholarship given to the Delfites of class XI was Rs. 12, 31, 200 and for Delfites of class XII it was Rs. 4, 86,000. Congratulations to the winners!
The students securing a CGPA of 10 are eligible for a waiver of 75% on the tuition fee.
The students receiving a CGPA OF 9.8-9.6 get a 50% waiver on the tuition fee.
The students getting a CGPA of 9.4-9.2 are eligible for a 25% waiver on the tuition fee.
Only students presently undertaking a regular course at the school are eligible for the scholarship.
The scholarship is valid for one year. Renews subject to students scoring 75% and above in the final result of class XI.
Scholar titles are awarded to the students of classes VI-X who have secured cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) greater than or equal to 9.4 i.e. after the upgradations on the basis of performance in co-scholastic areas, in the consolidated result prepared at the end of the academic session 2011-12, provided the student has been present in all his school assessments. For XI and XII classes, the Award is bestowed for receiving an aggregate score of more than 85%.
Delfites who have been showing excellence for five consecutive years.
Awarded to DelFites for showing excellence for four consecutive years.
Awarded to Delfites who have been consistently showing excellent performance for three consecutive years.
Awarded to Delfites who have been consistently showing excellent performance for two consecutive years
Awarded to Delfites who have shown excellent performance in year.
At DLPS, a host of scholarships and incentives are offered to foster multifaceted excellence.
- Sh. Satyendra Mohan Bharadwaj Memorial Scholarship for meritorious students of class VI : Rs. 2000/-
- Smt. Jagdish Rani Excellence Award for meritorious students of class VII : Rs. 2000/-
- Late Sh. Baldev Raj Bharadwaj Award for meritorious students of class VIII : Rs. 2000/-
- Smt. Lalibhai Excellence Award for meritorious students of class IX : Rs. 2000/-
- Principal Sudesh Sekhri Scholarship for meritorious students of class X : Rs. 2000/-
- Smt. Pyaro Devi Excellence Scholarship for meritorious students of class XII : Rs. 2000/-
- Vijay Verma Memorial Award for class XII Science Topper : Rs. 2000/-
- Sudershana Bharadwaj Award for School All-Rounder : Rs. 2000/-
- Outstanding Sportsman of the Year Award : Rs. 2000/-
- Outstanding Sportswoman of the Year Award : Rs. 2000/-
- Vimla Mehra Outstanding Personality of the Year Award : Rs. 2000/-
- The Vranda Harmonious Personality of the Year Award( Class I) : Rs. 2000/-
- Mahima Kapoor, the Most Concerned Delfite of the Year Award : Rs. 2000/-
- Major Mohit Sharma, ACSM, National Achiever’s Award : Rs. 3000/-
- Shri B.K Wadhavan Memorial Award for Innovation and Initiatives Rs. 2000/- and a Trophy
- AQAD (A Question a Day) Award for attempting the AQAD thinking questions on a sustained basis with most number of correct answers.
- Weekly Newspaper Quiz Award for attempting the online weekly Quiz maximum number of times with most correct answers in the least time.